Yesterday I ate the last fat bomb that was in the freezer so today I made Peanut Butter, Coconut, Cocoa Fat Bombs. I can say without question that these are a one a day fat bomb and no more. They are a shade high on calories as fat bombs tend to be. They taste so much like they should not be allowed when weight loss is a goal. But they are – in moderation of course. When you need to raise you fat grams a little and you want something a little decadent, these might just do the trick.
- 1 1/3 cups Peanut butter, sugar free
- 2 Cups Coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tps. Pure Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Farm fresh butter
- 1 tbsp. MTC oil powder (optional)
- 6 -8 drops Stevia (Optional)
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, Coconut flakes, vanilla extract, melted butter,cocoa powder and the MCT oil powder if using.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are completely combined
- Scoop out a large tablespoon of the mixture and with your hand form it into a ball.
- Place each fat bomb onto a baking tray that will fit into your freezer
- When you have made all of the fat bombs, place the tray in the freeze for 15 minutes
- Remove the tray, place the fat bombs into a freezer type zip lock back and store them in the freezer until needed.
- When removing a fat bomb from the freezer allow 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature to allow it to soften before eating.
There are so many great recipes for fat bombs and I hope to be sharing them with you over the next few weeks. We are also going to be making some keto ice cream and sharing those recipes very soon.
Chefs Tip: You might notice that I use MCT Oil Powder in a lot of my recipes. I use it every day starting with my keto coffee. I will share a link for the brand that I purchase and I am an affiliate of that company. However these fat bombs turn out great even if you do not use MCT Oil Powder so do not feel pressured to purchase any. Also there are other brands available, after testing a few I happen to like This One. There are solid reasons for my choice but that is for another blog at another time.
Chefs Tip: Be sure to get yourself a baking pan that will also fit into your freezer. While some of the recipes you will enjoy on the ketogenic lifestyle diet will be baked, often many of the fat bombs go directly into the freezer after you make them so that they can harden up a little. Fat likes to be soft in warm conditions so this hardening of the bomb is an important step.
Chefs Secret: You can flatten these when you have them all on the baking dish and they become “cookies”. The only problem with them being cookies is that it is easier to eat more than one and then the calories can really add up fast. When it is a “bomb” you are thinking of what it is for at the time you are eating it and it seems, at least to me, that it is easier to limit myself to only one.
When I post a recipe I like to make sure that everyone is aware that we have a Facebook Group where we exchange ideas and help each other reach our goals on our journey to better health and weight loss following a ketogenic lifestyle. If you have not yet joined our Facebook group I invite you join now. You can get more information Right Here It is called Keto Paleo Power Combo For Weight Loss. If you have friends that are keto or paleo, invite them to come along I would love to have you and them join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb Enthusiasts..
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love