With summer in full swing and cook outs almost every weekend This Pickled Jalapeno Peppers & Red Onion condiment will come in very handy for many of the entrees and sandwich wraps you will be serving. It allows everyone to add a little spice according to their taste.
These quick-pickled jalapeno peppers and onions are delicious on top of your favorite Mexican or Tex Mex dishes. They can also be enjoyed on their own, or in wraps, salads, or anywhere you want a little extra spice. For a nice twist, try the pickling liquid in place of plain vinegar in homemade vinaigrettes and marinades.
- ¾ c. white vinegar
- ¾ water
- 2 T. Himalayan salt
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 5-6 jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- Combine vinegar, water, salt, and minced garlic in a sautee pan and allow to heat a little. and Whisk to combine and heat until the salt is thoroughly dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the sliced onion and peppers in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Pour pickling solution over the contents of the jar to cover completely.
- Let sit, uncovered, for at least one hour at room temperature. Enjoy immediately on top of grilled items or Tex Mex style casseroles or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one week
Chefs Tip: Wear gloves when handling jalapeno peppers to prevent burning. If you fail to wear the gloves be very careful not to rub your eyes or any other part of your body until you have washed your hands with soap and are sure all the pepper is off the hands.
The Nutritional information is based on 8 orders per recipe batch, if it is more or even less, please adjust the numbers accordingly.
Just in case this is your first time visiting this site, We also have a Facebook Group where we exchange ideas and help each other reach our goals on our journey to better health and weight loss following a ketogenic lifestyle. If you have not yet joined our Facebook group I invite you join now. You can get more information Right Here It is called Keto Paleo Power Combo For Weight Loss. If you have friends that are keto or paleo, please invite them to come along, there larger our group grows, the more ideas and support we can offer each other. I would love to have you and them join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb Enthusiasts..
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love