- 1 1/2 cups free range chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup organic baby spinach, sliced into smaller pcs.
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp grass feed butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 pound cooked crumbled bacon (for topping)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (for topping)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add the farm fresh butter and onions and sauté until clear. Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken broth, seasoning and cauliflower to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly tender.
- Carefully pour half or more of the mixture (along with half the spinach) into a blender and pulse a few times until creamy.
- Place back on the heat, and add the remaining spinach as well as about a cup more chicken broth, depending on your consistency preference.
- Simmer for about 10 more minutes or until the cream cheese is melted and blended nicely.
- Top with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese, enjoy!
Soups are the main stay during the cooler days because I can control the carbs very easily once I have completed making the soup. There is a tendency to add some left overs” when making soups and if you do that you will need to adjust the micros if you are following a ketogenic lifestyle.
Remember, The way to enjoy the ketogenic lifestyle is to keep it simple. Good food without to much time in the kitchen. Choices that make you happy while staying as close to a whole food menu as possible, and adding a little fun exercise to keep the body working well.
I also have a Facebook group.You are invited to join us where we can exchange ideas and answer questions about the keto and paleo foods and recipes. Just click HERE to join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb keto/paleo Enthusiasts on Facebook..
Today’s Parting Thought: Going Keto is not just a quick fix to lose some weight, for it to work it needs to become part of your lifestyle.
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love