Even on a ketogenic diet we want a little ice cream once in a while. This recipe for Ginger Chocolate Ice Cream will fill that need for those that like the three ingredients. Of course we have other ice cream treats, some made with full fat Almond milk and others made with full fat Coconut Milk so fear not, we will post a recipe for a keto friendly ice cream soon that will be just to your liking.
Now I must warn you that while it is high in fat and low in carbs, it packs a fair amount of calories and you need to limit how much you eat on any given day or you will fall off the keto diet and need to work to get yourself restarted. For that reason, I am giving you a recipe that yields only two cups with the suggestion that you only enjoy half a cup at a time. It is a treat not a meal replacement.
- 16 ounces of full-fat organic Almond milk
- 4 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 8 – 10 drops of chocolate stevia
- 1 tsp MCT powder (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in a deep baking dish.
- Pour the Almond milk onto the parchment paper and place the dish in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Once the Almond milk is frozen hard, remove it from the freezer, remove the parchment paper and break the frozen Almond milk into chunks
- Add all the ingredients including the frozen Almond chunks into a bender
- Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary
- Continue processing until you achieve your desired ice cream texture.
- Serve immediately – keep any remaining ice cream in the freezer until needed.
Chefs Note #1: While it can be enjoyed immediately, I usually return it to the freezer for about 15 minutes to get it just a tad harder that when it comes out of the blender.
Chefs Note #2: If you are unable to find full fat Almond milk you can use full fat Coconut milk, chocolate and ginger will be the prominent flavors you will be enjoying
I will admit that I do not make this often because while I advise others to eat only a half cup at a time, I do end up eating a whole cup and make sure that my wife eats the other one so that I have no leftovers to temp me.
I did mention that I add MCT powder.It is an option and will not effect the flavor of the ice cream. I use Perfect Keto products daily starting with my coffee because they help keep me in ketosis throughout the day. If you would like to know more about the many wonderful keto products you just need to click Here
The Nutrition information is based on ingredients in the recipe and does not include the sugar free chocolate syrup drizzle or the nut pieces displayed in the picture.
If you are following the ketogenic lifestyle, Ginger Chocolate Almond Ice Cream is only one of the many great recipes we share on this blog. Don’t chance missing one of your favorites…. signing up for our news letter will keep you informed when we post a new recipe. You will find the form to sign up at the top right of this article. I would love to have you join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb Enthusiasts..
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love